Sport & Leisure Insurance

Relax Your Business is Covered

We have extensive knowledge and bespoke insurance schemes to offer the sport and leisure sectors. Our specialist experience will ensure your company has the vital protection and support it requires.

The sport and leisure industries cover a broad array of events and risks. Cover will be sourced from both blue chip and niche insurers to meet your company’s exact needs. Competitive premiums are negotiated and supplemented with award winning service.

Call us on 0800 954 0778 to speak to one of our specialist advisors or request a call back.


  • Sports clubs
  • Golf clubs
  • Gyms
  • Outdoor pursuits
  • Tour operators
  • Caravan parks
  • Sporting events & races
  • Festival & fete organisers
  • Sports associations
  • Multi activity businesses

Plan’s Guide to Sports and Leisure Insurance

What type of sport and leisure businesses can you insure?

Event organisers including:

  • Music and sporting festivals (indoor and outdoor)
  • Carnivals
  • Fetes
  • Fireworks

Leisure centres

  • Art exhibitions
  • Arts and crafts centres
  • Amusement arcades
  • Soft play centres
  • Scout and guide halls
  • Bouncy castles hirers and child entertainers
  • Theme parks

Sports venues

  • Bowling alleys
  • Dance studios
  • Gyms
  • Golf clubs
  • Health and fitness centres
  • Skate parks
  • Snooker halls
  • Cycle centres and velodromes
What specialist experience does Plan have of the sports sector?

Plan’s presence in the sport and leisure industry is more prominent via our sister brand Yellow Jersey Business Insurance. Substantial experience has been acquired via working relationships with high profile event organisers, tour operators and associations such as Ride London and the British Triathlon Federation.

A number of bespoke and innovative solutions have been created to meet this sector’s specific needs. Policy wordings have even been developed from scratch to help facilitate various events and business models.

What insurance cover does my leisure business need?

The cover you may expect in a sport and leisure package are:

Who needs sport and leisure insurance?

If you run a sports club, an events company or a firm operating in the leisure sectors then you should take the time to ensure you have suitable insurance in place to protect you and your organisation against any potential liabilities that it may encounter.

What are sport and leisure insurances?

All organisations, even those that operate on a not for profit basis, should have tailored insurance to guard against potential risks and to cover the people working within it. Whether it’s an injured employee, a customer that gets hurt or if any damage is caused to 3rd party property by one of your staff, then you will need insurance to protect your firm and defend or settle claims when it come to it. Plan can arrange bespoke policies to meet your business or trade requirements.

What business insurance does my Sports Club need?

There are a range of commercial insurance covers designed to protect different areas of your business against the risks you may face. Whether you’re a Sports Club concerned with member to member liability or an outdoor event organiser concerned about meeting cancellation costs, we can bespoke a policy that suits your firm. You must legally have employer’s liability cover if you have staff working for you. This cover will protect you, for example, in the event of a claim of negligence made against you by employees who suffer injury or ill health due to their work.

Should you need it to, your business insurance can be arranged to  include:

What claims support do you offer?

Our informed advice and independent claims guidance, based on over 30 years of industry experience, all comes as part of the service. Our motor claims help line will also proactively report incidents to your insurer on your company’s behalf and arrange courtesy vehicles whenever possible.

That should all go without saying. Though, we do also offer the following innovative claims solutions:

Loss Adjuster Assistance Insurance – Should you need to make a claim on your commercial insurance with a value in excess of £5,000 having unlimited advice from a professional loss adjuster could prove a fantastically helpful resource to draw upon. We offer an insurance policy that will provide a  personal loss adjuster who can prepare and present your claim to your insurers. They’ll also be able to negotiate with them, organise interim payments from your insurers where necessary, attend insurer meetings and handle all correspondence. Read more about the incredibly useful support that a Loss Adjuster Assistance Insurance policy can offer for comparatively low premium.

HSE Assistance Inspection Assistance – An unannounced inspection or an investigation by HSE following an accident could have a serious impact on your business. We offer an insurance service that provides businesses regulated by the HSE with reassurance of knowing that should they need it, they’ll have 24/7, 365 days a year access to assistance to minimise any downtime and distraction. Your business will have cover to help meet the costs of a Health and Safety Executive intervention. Your team will also receive guidance from a Health and Safety expert to help you handle the Health and Safety Executive inspection process, review relevant documentation and to draft a response. If the HSE wish to conduct an interview under caution’ cover for legal fees to represent you are an added benefit. Read more about this low cost HSE Assistance Inspection Assistance solution that could prove highly valuable.

Average Customer Rating: