Combining Liability Cover For Construction Contractors
Contractors Combined Liability Insurance policies are designed to offer covers specifically tailored to your business’s needs. They can include, under one policy wording, multiple sections of liability insurance cover to safeguard your business against losses that may occur, from damage to third party property, injury to third parties or injury to employees.
You will benefit from:
- Expert knowledge and advice
- Exclusive rates from leading insurers
- Platinum rated Feefo customer service
- Exclusive access to Health and Safety documents, Risk and Method Assessments, Business Continuity templates and more – for no extra cost to your policy.
WHAT WE COVER
- Air conditioning & refrigeration contractors
- Fencing contractors insurance
- Building contractors
- Kitchen fitters insurance
- Carpenters and joiners insurance
- Drainage contractors insurance
- Cleaning contractors insurance
- Plumbing & heating contractors insurance
- Painters & decorators
- Roofing contractors
- Double glazing contractors
- Scaffolding contractors
- Electrical contracting
- Window cleaners insurance
COVER WE OFFER
PLAN’S GUIDE TO CONTRACTORS LIABILITY INSURANCE
Construction workers and contractors both typically work in high-risk environments each day. Whether you’re working on a construction site or a commercial property, every day comes with its own challenges that can prevent you from doing the best job for your client.
A contractors liability insurance policy from Plan Insurance Brokers will safeguard you from these challenges and protect your business, allowing you to focus all your energy into delivering for your customers.
It may be more cost effective or provide more flexibility in terms of the available cover limits to arrange elements of your contractors liability insurance cover separately to your contractors combined insurance. You could opt to take out an excess layer liability policy to increase protection in regards to your liability cover limits provided by your contractors combined product.
The standard liability cover included within a contractors combined insurance policy would include Public liability, Products liability and Employers liability insurances. If you are working on an extension or renovation and cause any damage to the existing structure then your Public liability section should cover these losses should a claim be made against you. If however you or an employee cause any damage to the part you are working on (Work in Progress) then liability for this would be covered under a Contract Works or Contractors All Risks insurance policy.
Having the right risk management procedures in place is vitally important for construction firms. Correct, up to date document templates and guides can help you minimise risk and remain compliant with regulations. Failure to do so could result in huge potential liabilities as well as the threat of criminal prosecution.
As part of our goal to prevent claims we offer our construction and contractors clients personalised Health and Safety documents, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and much more. These additional documents are supplied to your business at no extra cost when you take out a policy with Plan. Read more about our construction site and contractors risk management services here.
Our new package now includes business continuity templates that are updated annually which you can use as guidance and to track your business operations. With this, you will also receive regular notifications regarding legislation changes that are relevant to your business. Read more about our extensive free Construction Site Risk Management Templates as well as the additional, very cost effective solutions offered by our Plan Essentials support package.
At Plan, we let you focus on your day-to-day, knowing that your specialist policy will protect your business against the risks you face.
Let us know the needs of your business and we will provide a bespoke quotation at a competitive premium from our panel of industry leading insurers.
We also offer a range of risk management services to help you business avoid preventable incidents. This is further supported by platinum standard customer service and expert claims assistance.
Plan also offer insurances for:
Contractors All Risk
Goods in Transit
Excess Layer Liability
Directors & Officers
Specialist Schemes and Tailored Packages
We have experience of providing contractors liability insurance to businesses of all shapes and sizes. We know that despite your best efforts mistakes can happen – especially when you’re working to meet deadlines. As an independent contractor, it’s important to have the right contractors’ liability insurance covers.
Benefits of contractors liability include:
- Contractors liability insurance can give contractors peace of mind, and ensure that you present a professional and trustworthy image in front of your clients.
- Working in challenging environments from a health and safety perspective, means there is a risk as a contractor that you could be involved in accidents which could cause injury to a client or colleague, or damage to their property.
- Public liability insurance for contractors can protect contractors against the cost of settling or defending a client’s claim if there is a problem with the work you have completed for them, or against injury and damage.
- Contractor’s public liability insurance will cover the costs associated with a claim being filed against you for bodily injury or property damage as result of your work.
- For any contractors with employees, it’s a legal requirement to hold employers’ liability insurance. This kind of policy covers claims made by employees or ex-employees, for injury or illness caused by their work. Having employers liability in place will satisfy your legal responsibility as an employer.