We’ve been selling road risk policies for over 25 years, and we can tailor your insurance to your precise needs.


A motor trade combined policy can pull together all the different insurance types you may need into one.


Part-time or full-time, home, mobile or from garage premises, our mechanic cover can be tailored to suit you.


Whether you sell cars part-time from your home or have a large forecourt, we can source the right policy for your business.


Understanding your needs as a valeter allows us to tailor a policy to cover yourself and your business.


This cover is necessary for any business owner who deals with car repairs, maintenance or sales on a part-time basis.

What is Motor Trade Insurance?

Motor trade insurance is an umbrella term used to explain a range of insurance policies, designed to cover those who earn a living in the automotive business.
Specialist policies from Plan can provide cover for any business that is involved with cars, motorbikes and vans. This includes:

Who needs Motor Trade Insurance?

If you manage a motor trade business, you will have to take out a tailored cover to ensure you can trade effectively. A properly considered motor trade insurance policy will recognise the key aspects of your motor trade business that need to be protected by the policy you take out.

Specialist cover can take into consideration the number of vehicles that are kept at your premises overnight, the value of your equipment and whether you are running the business part time from your home or from a commercial building.

At Plan Insurance Brokers, we can guide you through the process of finding the right motor trade insurance policy at a competitive price, allowing you to focus on making your business a success.

Why compare Motor Traders Insurance with Plan Insurance Brokers?

We are independent brokers who are dedicated to finding the right insurance policy that is tailored to your company’s needs.

We pride ourselves on offering our clients:

• Dedicated motor trade account handlers
• Exclusive rates from leading insurers
• Expert knowledge and advice
• Platinum standard service

We can source a motor trade insurance policy at competitive rates.

Do I need a Motor Trade Combined Policy?

If you are an individual or a company involved in the motor trade business, but operate from premises away from your home address then it may be more cost efficient to take out a motor trade combined policy.

A motor trade combined policy can pull together all the different insurance types you may need into one loaded policy. This can include cover for:

  • Any driver for your own & customer vehicles with an unlimited indemnity on the road
  • Your buildings, stock, plant & machinery, portable hand tools, computer equipment, vehicles at premises
  • Business interruption
  • Employers liability, public & product liability, service indemnity
  • Cash in transit
  • Engineering inspection
  • Goods, stock and vehicles in transit
  • Personal accident for proprietors and employees
  • Loss of MOT license
  • Wrongful conversion
  • Additional business use

If you simply want cover for vehicles whilst they are being driven and whilst they are at your premises this can be arranged on a road risk policy with a vehicle at trade premises extension.

Does No Claims Bonus still apply on a Motor Trade Combined Policy?

Yes, your NCB will be applied to the road risk section of the motor trade policy. However, if you have tools, vehicles or buildings insured under a combined policy, they will still be determined by other factors including value and location.

What is proof of trade and why do insurers sometimes request it?

Proof of trade is sometimes requested by insurers to check that customers have the right type of policy and the cover they need for their business, or if after investigation the Underwriters cannot find sufficient evidence of the business actively trading. Examples of proof of trading include: purchase receipts, sales receipts, bank statements, customer invoices, advertisements, website address and business cards. Most insurers will request that they be dated within the last six months.

Average Customer Rating: