Hospitality & Catering Insurance

Catering For Your Insurance Needs

There are a variety of bespoke insurance policies we can offer for the hospitality and leisure sector. It is essential to have the correct cover in place to protect your buildings, stock, liability and contents.

High-quality cover will be tailored to meet your company’s exact needs. Competitive rates are available from leading commercial insurers for a wide variety of businesses.

Call us on 0800 954 0778 to speak to one of our specialist advisors or request a call back.


  • Cafés
  • Restaurants
  • Pubs
  • Wine bars
  • Nightclubs
  • Microbreweries
  • Cinemas & theatres
  • Comedy clubs
  • Casinos & bingo halls
  • Concert halls & music venues

Plan’s Guide to Hospitality and Catering Insurance

What type of hospitality and catering businesses can you insure?

Event organisers including:

  • Food
  • Music and food festivals (indoor and outdoor)
  • Carnivals
  • Conferences
  • Fetes
  • Exhibitions
  • Markets
  • Fireworks
  • Hotels
  • Bed & Breakfast establishments – boarding and guest houses

Food and drink – including nightclubs:

  • Caterers
  • Microbreweries
  • Bars with dancefloors
  • Nightclubs
  • Late licence establishments
  • Cafes and restaurants
  • Casinos and bingo halls
  • Cinemas and theatres
  • Concert halls
  • Comedy clubs
What insurance cover do hospitality and catering businesses include?

The cover you may expect in a hospitality and leisure package are:

Other sections of cover can be added depending on your needs and preferences.

Who needs hospitality and catering insurance?

If you run a hotel, restaurant, nightclub or other business within these sectors then you must make sure you have adequate insurance in place to cover you against any potential risks you may face.

What are hospitality and catering insurances?

All businesses should have insurance designed to protect not just themselves but also the people within it. Whether it’s an injured staff member or a member of the public that gets hurt, or if any damage is caused to third party’s property by one of your staff, then you want a policy that will protect your business and defend or pay claims when it needs too. Plan can offer bespoke packages tailored to your business or trade requirements.

What business insurance do i need?

There are a range of commercial insurance covers designed to protect different areas of your business against the risks you may face. Whether you’re a restaurant or bar that needs to cover its commercial interests, or a café concerned with customer liability, we can tailor a package that’s right for you. Remember, it’s a legal requirement that you have employers’ liability cover if you have staff working for you. This cover protect you, for example, in the event of a claim of negligence made against you by employees who suffer injury or ill health due to their work.

Your business insurance can be arranged to cover the following risks:

What claims support do you offer?

Our informed advice and independent claims guidance, based on over 30 years of industry experience, all comes as part of the service. Our motor claims help line will also proactively report incidents to your insurer on your company’s behalf and arrange courtesy vehicles whenever possible.

That should all go without saying. Though, we do also offer the following innovative claims solutions:

Loss Adjuster Assistance Insurance – Should you need to make a claim on your commercial insurance with a value in excess of £5,000 having unlimited advice from a professional loss adjuster could prove a fantastically helpful resource to draw upon. We offer an insurance policy that will provide a  personal loss adjuster who can prepare and present your claim to your insurers. They’ll also be able to negotiate with them, organise interim payments from your insurers where necessary, attend insurer meetings and handle all correspondence. Read more about the incredibly useful support that a Loss Adjuster Assistance Insurance policy can offer for comparatively low premium.

HSE Assistance Inspection Assistance – An unannounced inspection or an investigation by HSE following an accident could have a serious impact on your business. We offer an insurance service that provides businesses regulated by the HSE with reassurance of knowing that should they need it, they’ll have 24/7, 365 days a year access to assistance to minimise any downtime and distraction. Your business will have cover to help meet the costs of a Health and Safety Executive intervention. Your team will also receive guidance from a Health and Safety expert to help you handle the Health and Safety Executive inspection process, review relevant documentation and to draft a response. If the HSE wish to conduct an interview under caution’ cover for legal fees to represent you are an added benefit. Read more about this low cost HSE Assistance Inspection Assistance solution that could prove highly valuable.

Average Customer Rating: