Claims – Perform as Promised

Only when a claim occurs can we prove our true worth. Our informed advice and independent guidance, based on over 30 years of industry experience, all comes as part of the service. That should go without saying.

Though claims can still prove challenging and distracting for businesses. For that reason, we offer the following optional claims solutions. Each one is designed to provide additional help and support for your business. During potentially difficult and time consuming circumstances dedicated claims resources could prove invaluable.

Material Damage Claims

Commercial claims of a significant nature can prove complicated, time consuming and costly. Having unlimited advice from a professional loss adjuster, who would stand shoulder to shoulder with you in your dealings with the insurer, no matter how complex the claim, could be a huge advantage.

For that reason, we offer a Loss Recovery Policy that provides the reassurance of this service. A dedicated, caring and independent loss adjuster will be on hand to act on your behalf (as opposed to the insurer’s). They will expertly help you prepare, negotiate and settle eligible material damage and business interruption claims to the best possible resolution to which you are entitled.

They will be available to offer advice initially over the telephone. After which personal visits can be arranged on all qualifying claims. Your personal loss adjuster can organise interim payments from your insurers where necessary, attend insurer meetings and handle all correspondence. They might even be needed to organise temporary premises and equipment, surveyors, valuers and builders. Prepare and present your claim to your insurers and negotiate.

This might sound like a costly addition, but cover can start from as little as £30!

Motor Fleet Claims Service

We partner with carefully selected telematics providers. Their integrated systems deliver a significant number of fleet risk management and cost saving benefits aimed at preventing incidents. However, should an incident occur there’s also the added benefit of the below features.

Proactive FNOL – An automated crash detection function will generate a notification to our 24/7 claims team if an incident occurs. This service will intervene immediately to mitigate 3rd party *costs and prevent them from escalating unnecessary. Your fleet manager will also be informed instantaneously via an email containing the camera footage.

Replacement Commercial Vehicle – They can also promptly supply like for like commercial vehicles in the event of non-fault incidents.

* Average claim saving costs are estimated to be £1,550 based on reductions to 3rd party repair and hire vehicle charges.

Health and Safety Executive Inspection Assistance

Using the extensive Health & Safety documentation in our risk management library should help you avoid any issues with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

However, an unannounced inspection or an investigation by HSE following an accident could still have a serious impact on your business.

If for any reason the HSE shut down your operation, it could prove costly and time consuming. New government regulations mean that more than 60% of HSE inspections result in a ‘Fee For Intervention’ (FFI) being charged to the employer. 2020 saw 693,000 workplace injuries and £12.5 million charged in intervention fees.

For that reason, we offer an insurance service that provides businesses regulated by the HSE with the reassurance of knowing that should they need it, they’ll have 24/7, 365 days a year access to expert assistance to minimise any downtime and distraction.

Your business will have cover to help meet the costs of a Health and Safety Executive intervention. Your team will also receive guidance from a Health and Safety expert to help you handle the Health and Safety Executive inspection process, review relevant documentation and to draft a response. If the HSE wish to conduct an interview under caution’ cover for legal fees to represent you are an added benefit.

The price of this peace of mind starts from as little £40.

What should I do if I need to make a claim on my Commercial Motor Insurance?

Plan Insurance Brokers provides a full accident management service for anyone who takes out a commercial motor insurance policy with us.

As soon as an incident occurs, you should call our dedicated claims assistance service for advice on0333 003 0613.

You will need to know the name of your insurer and your policy number so please try to have your documents on hand.

What should I do if I am involved in a motor accident?

If you are involved in an accident, you should get full details of all parties involved in the accident on the scene, if you are capable to. These include vehicle registration numbers, drivers names and addresses and any insurance company details along with policy numbers. (In England, Scotland and Wales, they are obliged to provide these details under the Road Traffic Act 1988)

If  there are any, you should get the full names and addresses of any witnesses. If you have a smartphone to hand and it is safe to do so then we would recommend taking photos of the incident scene and any damage incurred. If your vehicle is equipped with a dash cam, we also recommend you save and keep the footage.

Go to hospital or your GP if you are injured.

Then contact us on 0333 003 0613 as soon as possible to inform us of your accident.

Do I need to report incidents if I don’t intend claiming?

You should report all accidents, thefts, attempted thefts, fire and malicious damage incidents to your insurer, even if you don’t plan on making a claim.

Do I need to report motor related incidents to the police?

Vehicle theft, attempted theft and malicious damage incidents must be reported to the police within 48 hours. Please note the crime reference number as it will be required when you notify us of the incident.

What do I do if I’ve had an accident and my vehicle isn’t drivable?

If you’re involved in an accident and your vehicle is not in a suitable condition to enable you to continue your journey, and you don’t have Plan breakdown recovery cover as part of your insurance, then please call Plan’s 24 hour Recovery Line on 0333 003 0613 who will try to arrange the recovery of your vehicle.

Please see your policy documentation for details or call your Breakdown Recovery Assistance Help Line or call our claims line on 0333 003 0613 to see if you are covered.

Plan’s Breakdown Recovery Assistance can be arranged today if you take out a taxi, commercial vehicle insurance or motor trade insurance policy with Plan Insurance Brokers. Benefits include:

  • Roadside assistance
  • Home Start cover
  • 24 hour cover – 365 days a year

Call the team now on 0333 003 0041 for more information.

Do you provide a courtesy vehicle if I have an accident?

Whether you receive a courtesy vehicle or not is dependent on the particular insurance policy you have purchased and the level of cover you have chosen.

For example, fully comprehensive policies may include cover for courtesy vehicles in the event of non-fault incidents but you may be required to pay an additional premium for this product feature. Also, as a motor trader, you may not be entitled to a courtesy vehicle if you have other vehicles available to drive.

We are able to arrange specialist policies for private and public hire drivers to provide a like for like replacement vehicle in the event of fault incidents. However, all Motor Insurance policies have exclusions and conditions. You must check your policy document for full details of the Motor Insurance cover provided.

In the event that you are involved in a non-fault accident, where fault has been established as the third party’s, Plan will seek to arrange a courtesy car for you.

Do I have to accept the amount offered by my Motor Insurance provider to settle my claim?

You do not have to accept an offer made to you by your insurer if you are not satisfied with it.

For example the wear and tear of your car may be much less than the insurer or loss adjuster has taken into account in their valuation. The car may have held its value more than they have realised. If you believe that this is the case, then our team will take your case back to your insurer and challenge this for you.

You may be asked for photos of the car that demonstrate it was in excellent condition. You could look for adverts in trade magazines for the same model and age of car that have similar mileage amounts that support your valuation.

If your insurer’s offer is still unsatisfactory to you, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

What is legal cover?

Plan’s Legal Cover provides assistance to recover uninsured losses (such as excess), medical losses or loss of earnings.

We will provide up to £100,000 for legal costs to pursue a case, and up to £10,000 worth of cover to defend against any motoring prosecutions (excluding drink/drug-related offences).

What should I do if I need to make a non motor based claim?

As soon as an incident occurs, you should call your insurance company’s claims helpline. The contact number should be found in your policy documentation.

If you cannot find the number and require assistance or advice, do not hesitate to contact Plan’s customer service team on 0333 003 0041.

Please note that you will need to know your policy number so make sure that you have your documentation to hand.

Do I need to report incidents relating to my Buildings Insurance to the police?

Theft, attempted theft and malicious damage incidents must be reported to the police within 48 hours. You will then be given a crime reference number. You will need this number when notifying your insurer of the incident.

If you have more questions regarding your claim or Insurance Policy, call Plan Insurance Brokers now on 0333 003 0041 for more information, or request a call back and someone will get back to you shortly.

Do I have to accept an amount offered to me by my Buildings Insurance provider?

You do not have to accept an offer made to you by your insurer if you are not satisfied with it.
Insurers can often over estimate the depreciation on items due to wear and tear and underestimate values of other items that may have appreciated in value more than they have realised. If an item is separately insured, do not accept anything less than the specific amount detailed in the policy. If you do not want a replacement item which is being offered to you, you should demand cash. If cash is offered, do not accept anything but the full replacement value.

If you believe that you are not being offered a fair amount for your items, you can challenge an insurer’s valuation and claim settlement offer. You will have to build a case for this and may be asked for photos of the possession that demonstrate it was in excellent condition, and adverts for similar items that support your valuation.

Once you have built your case you can then go back to your insurance company and ask them to re-evaluate their offer. Your claim advisor will help you pursue the matter, in order to resolve it as quickly as possible.

However if the insurer’s offer is still unsatisfactory to you, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service:

Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza 2
183 Marsh Wall
E14 9SR

Telephone: 0800 023 4567

Average Customer Rating: