Department: Customer Services
Reports To: Customer Services Manager
Work Hours: Monday to Friday, Full-time 08:55–17:30
- Ability to empathise and go that extra mile.
- Display patience, politeness and maintain professionalism within a sometimes pressured environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability and desire to investigate; attention to details.
- Ability to communicate with both customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments and external insurers.
- Confidence to deal with difficult situations and to know when appropriate to seek guidance from Team Leader.
- Good team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven desire to update product knowledge and skill set when required.
- Awareness of the Data Protection Act.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an efficient and effective service to customers, understanding their needs and requirements and working to exceed these wherever possible.
- To demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers and other team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working.
- Deliver customer service in line with ‘best practice’ and ensure compliance to relevant policies.
- Provide point of contact for customer enquiries, dealing with these through to a successful outcome.
- To maintain a good level of personal presentation.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act at all times.
- To actively follow company policies (including Health & Safety & Equal Opportunities).
- To attend staff meetings and training as required.
- To carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your Manager/Team Leader.
- To call clients for required information, payment and documentation.
- To maintain accurate records and computer files.
- To ensure all records are kept up to date following contact with all clients and ensure these records are clear for others to understand.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, car insurance industry specifically
- Call centre experience; office customer service experience
- Good math skills