Department: Customer Services
Reports To: Customer Services Manager
Work Hours: Monday to Friday, Full-time 08:55–17:30
Job Summary:To deal with a variety of enquiries and provide excellent customer service to clients over the telephone, and in person when required. You are expected to act as part of the team and as such your role may occasionally be altered to help others complete their duties.
- Ability to empathise and go that extra mile.
- Display patience, politeness and maintain professionalism within a sometimes pressured environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability and desire to investigate; attention to details.
- Ability to communicate with both customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments and external insurers.
- Confidence to deal with difficult situations and to know when appropriate to seek guidance from Team Leader.
- Good team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven desire to update product knowledge and skill set when required.
- Awareness of the Data Protection Act.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide an efficient and effective service to customers, understanding their needs and requirements and working to exceed these wherever possible.
- To demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers and other team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working.
- Deliver customer service in line with ‘best practice’ and ensure compliance to relevant policies.
- Provide point of contact for customer enquiries, dealing with these through to a successful outcome.
- To maintain a good level of personal presentation.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act at all times.
- To actively follow company policies (including Health & Safety & Equal Opportunities).
- To attend staff meetings and training as required.
- To carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your Manager/Team Leader.
- To call clients for required information, payment and documentation.
- To maintain accurate records and computer files.
- To ensure all records are kept up to date following contact with all clients and ensure these records are clear for others to understand.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, car insurance industry specifically
- Call centre experience; office customer service experience
- Good math skills