Passenger Transport Insurance

Where Your Business Needs To Be

Your employees, vehicles  and customers need to be in constant motion. Keep them on the move with Plan’s passenger transport insurance solutions.

Whether your firm transports passengers exclusively in the UK, or further afield, our experts can arrange cover regardless of the mode of transport.

You will benefit from:

  • Exclusive access to health and safety documents, risk and method assessments, business continuity templates and more – for no extra cost to your company
  • Competitive premiums from leading insurers
  • Expert advice based on over 30 years’ experience
  • Award winning customer service

Call us on 0800 954 0778 to speak to one of our specialist advisors or request a call back.


  • Coach & bus tour operators
  • Wedding services
  • Taxi & private hire firms
  • Minibus operators
  • School & council transport contractors
  • New ventures
  • Businesses of all sizes
  • Adverse claims


Below we have compiled some commonly asked questions that explain the key features of Passenger Transport Insurance, from essential elements of insurance to optional add-ons, to ensure that you and your business have the right cover.

If you have any more questions or would like a quote call our expert team, request a call back or fill in a quote form.

What insurance covers should passenger transport firms consider?

As your business is specifically dedicated to transporting passengers on the road, by law you will need a motor policy that covers the ‘Carriage of Passengers for Hire and Reward’ to guarantee you are fully covered for the purposes of your company’s travel. Depending on the size of your operation this may be on an individual vehicle basis or for a fleet risk.

In addition to motor cover, a commercial combined insurance can be tailored to your precise needs. Should you wish to include them, valuable protections for multiple liabilities, buildings, equipment, cyber risks, directors and officers, legal disputes can be arranged amongst many others. Employers’ liability is another legal requirement if you have staff. Public liability is likely to be a requirement of many of your clients. These requirements can all be accommodated by Plan’s expert team.

Client risk management tools

Having the right business insurance in place with correct up to date document templates and guides can help you minimise the risk and liabilities that can take a huge hit on your companies’ profits.

We offer our clients personalised health and safety documents, risk assessments, method statements and much more for your business. These additional documents are supplied to you at no extra cost when you take out a policy with Plan. View details of our motor fleet risk management services as well as a  document template.

Our services can include business continuity templates that are updated annually which you can use as guidance and to track your business operations. With this, you will also receive regular notifications regarding legislation changes that are relevant to your business.

What should I do if one of my fleet vehicles is involved in a motor accident?

Obtain full details of all parties involved in the accident including registration numbers, driver’s names and addresses along with any insurance company details with policy numbers (they are obliged to provide these details under the Road Traffic Act). You may also gather full names and addresses of any witnesses from the accident.

Contact Plan’s claims line on 0333 003 0613 as soon as possible to inform us of your accident.

Do I need to report incidents if I don’t intend on claiming?

You must report all accidents, thefts, attempted thefts, fires and malicious damage accidents even if you are not going to make a claim against your insurance. This is due to the fact you are in a contract with your insurance provider and this will be stated in your terms and conditions to the policy. If you fail to report any accident to your insurer your policy could be declared void and result in you being uninsured.

Other products you may be interested in

Employers’ & Public Liability

Goods in Transit

Legal cover – Provides assistance to recover uninsured losses such as excess or loss of earnings. We will provide up to £100,000 for legal costs to pursue a case, and up to £10,000 worth of cover to defend against any motoring prosecutions (Excluding drink/drug-related offences).

Breakdown cover – your vehicles can be covered in the event of a breakdown, benefits to this cover include:

  • Roadside Assistance
  • Roadside Start
  • 24-hour cover for the whole year (365 days)


Excess Protection – when taking out a policy with Plan, we can offer you excess protection cover as an add on to your policy. If an accident were to happen and there was no responsible third party, then you would be covered by this policy which will reimburse the excess you would pay.

Average Customer Rating: